CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Quilted 75th


My grandma celebrates her 75th birthday this November, but we are having a camping family reunion Sept. long and having a surprise birthday party for her. Us grandchildren have been teaching our children five of them all aged between 2-6, four little songs, (I'm a little teapot, If you're happy & you know it, 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, and of course Happy Birthday) to sing to her and my 15 year old son who plays guitar has been learning to play these songs. I think she'll just love it & of course we have other activities planned as well but I think the singing and guitar playing will be the icing on the cake.

Anyways I made this quilted card for her because she makes quilts for everyone who is born, graduating, getting married or any other major life change. I, of course being the favorite grandaughter, tee hee hee, have about 1-2 more quilts than all the others. I know she'll just love this card cuz of a) being home made, and b) cuz its a quilted card, which I found the tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers. I absolutely LOVE how this card turned out!!!!!

Recipe:
Paper- tempting turquoise, pumpkin orange, old olive CS, DSP is also from SU but, of course I cannot remember the name.
Flowers from Michaels
The sparkly brad is from CTMH
I used the scallop edge punch from SU
& I used the Don Juan cartridge to cut out the tag and the 75 and I used the swils & whirls cuttlebug embossing folder on the quilted part to give it some texture.

Challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut- Make a birthday card
Crazy 4 Challenges- Bingo- I chose a square card, embossing, and brads

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy looking as much as I had fun creating, if you like then please leave a precious comment!

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. very pretty.love the quilt what a good idea for a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Amazing detail with all the "quilting". I'm sure she will just love it!
    Thanks for creating with us at FCCB.
    Carissa
    www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete